Staging Changes Introduces Virtual Training To Teach Kids to Code
Do you have a desire to teach your kids how to write computer software at the convenience of your own home? Staging Changes now introduces Live Virtual Training classes for parents who want to teach their kids how to code at the convenience of your own home. All that is required is a Computer, and Internet Access. We recommend a web cam for a more interactive and collaborative classroom experience with other kids.
How it works?
- Your kids use a Browser, to access video and a Web Conferencing experience that enables a virtual class environment.
- Signup on the StagingChanges.Org website.
- Details about your next class and instructions will be emailed to you.
What will your child learn?
- This class will teach your child how to build their own Raspberry Pi computer and tech your child the basic components to a computer including and not limited to installing an Operating system, Assembling the Circuit Board, Applying a Case, Connect it to a keyboard, mouse and monitor. Upon building the PC, your child will learn to boot the computer, connect to the internet and begin learning basic programming using the device.
- We will also introduce your child to Scratch (programming language). With Scratch, your child will learn to program their own interactive stories, games, and animations. They will also learn the concepts of programming using Video Games, and Visual Animation.
- Upon completing their initial lab work and exercises, kids will then get to open up actual video games and modify the code and tailor it to their liking.
What is the cost?
- There is a small administrative fee of $30 once you have confirmed interest in the program. This goes towards continuing the program and software used to manage the training room.
How do I sign up?
If you think that your child will benefit from this course, Enroll Now by filling out the form below: